Day 9 of our Christmas campaign. 12 Christmas gifts from TES to you brimming with lots of ‘how to guides’ and ‘tips and tricks’ to help you make the most of your finance system.
In NAV there is functionality to recognise Item charges across a number of items on a sales order. Removing the requirement to use GL account transactions for Shipping and insurances.
The Following Steps Outline how to use Item Charges in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Navigate to the Item Charges Setup CRONUS UK Ltd./ Departments/Financial Management/Inventory/Setup
- In this setup we need to define which Item Charges can be used.
- Once these Item Charges have been setup you will now be able to use them as ‘Charge (Item)’
- There is however one further step to the process where you need to define how this Item charge is spread amongst the items on the Sales order. We do this by clicking the ‘Line’ Button and selecting ‘Item Charge Assignment’.
- This will open the ‘Item Charge Assignment’ Worksheet which will outline any unassigned item charges.
- We then simply click the ‘Suggest Item Charge assignment’ Button in the ribbon.
- You will be then asked if you wish to split the Item charge across the items equally or by amount. Once you have selected click ‘OK’.
Then click ‘ok’ at the bottom of the worksheet and you will be able to process the order as you would usually but item charges will be posted to your defined accounts specified by you General posting setup.
If you would like to discuss anything Microsoft Dynamics Business Central drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us on 0345 257 1173