July 2020 TES Newsletter16 Jul 2020
July brings many changes, from a new VAT rate, an improved customer portal and an exciting Microsoft Annual Enhancement promotion.
The New TES Customer Portal – Changing the Way You Communicate with TES
Following our latest article introducing Project Sapphire, we have some exciting news relating to how you contact TES for support; the launch of our redesigned customer portal and live chat system.
From Monday 10th August 2020, we will be removing email as a method to report issues. In response to this, we will be moving the contact channels to live chat, customer portal and telephone.
Here at TES, we recognise that it’s important to our customers to have the most effective channel to raise support incidents and service requests. This is why we’ve redesigned the portal and live chat. This ensures TES captures all information at first contact, allowing us to work on your issue straight away.
When reporting an issue, your request will be dealt with faster and more effectively than before, meaning you can get back to what’s important.
We are constantly adding functionality to our portal and it can be used not only to log an issue but to request something, look at your previous cases, review our knowledge base and see any relevant announcements, all accessible from your workstations and mobile devices.
As a reminder please see the link to our customer portal. There is no change to your log in details.
If we can provide any more information or you would like to understand more about these new channels for support then please get in touch.
On Wednesday 8th July 2020 the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, announced there will be tax cuts for the entertainment and hospitality sectors as of the Wednesday 15th of July. These cuts are to support the organisations within these sectors as lockdown begins to lift and life returns to a state of normality.
Thankfully, Business Central and Dynamics NAV have a VAT rate change tool to help you manage this change as outlined in the video below.
At Total Enterprise Solutions, we appreciate that this is something many of our clients will be unfamiliar with, and as a result, may want additional support to implement this VAT rate change.
If your organisation qualifies for this change, TES are pleased to offer the following services to help you through this period:
- Prepare your solution for the VAT rate change - our consultants will talk you through the process of preparing your system for the VAT rate change - 0.5 days
- Implement the VAT rate change - 0.5 days
- Revert the VAT rate change in 6 months when returning to the standard 20% rate - this is already scheduled for January 2021 - 0.5 days
To explore your options and get a helping hand from TES, please contact your Account Manager. They will arrange a time with one of our consultants to support you through these changes.
Microsoft Promotion on Your Annual Enhancement
Microsoft has announced a new offer to help customers spread the cost of their annual Enhancement Plan and to make your move to Business Central SaaS Cloud as smooth and cost-effective as possible.
Instead of your annual Enhancement Plan payment, you pay for a Dynamic 365 Business Central (Cloud) license on a monthly basis at the same total amount as your annual Enhancement Plan.
The benefits of a monthly Enhancement Plan includes:
- Reduce your capital spending – spread your enhancement payments monthly instead of paying an annual lump sum.
- Reduce your cloud costs – you get a 60% discount on the Business Central Cloud users for a 3-year duration.
- If you have a high ratio of concurrent users, Microsoft will match up to 1:4 concurrent to named user ratio at £0 license cost.
- Allows for dual-use right and downgrade rights to the current Dynamics 365 Business Central and NAV on-premise version – you can continue to use your current on-premise application while you transition to your Dynamics 365 Business Central (Cloud) solution.
- You continue to get full Enhancement Plan benefits with the offer for your current on-premise application.
- You will have your licensed users for Dynamics 365 Business Central (Cloud) when you are ready to migrate, however there is no forced migration.
In order to qualify for part or all of this offer:
- You must be a Dynamics 365 Business Central or NAV on-premise customer on the Dynamics price list.
- You must have an active Enhancement Plan and can apply for the offer prior to your renewal date expiry.
You need to apply for this on your next renewal, if you miss this, you miss the offer. If you have been affected by COVID-19 and you lapsed your Enhancement Plan subscription from January 2020 to July 31 2020, you are entitled to the offer, however you must acquire licenses latest July 31 2020 – Microsoft will void your lapsed fee.
You can take advantage of this one-time offer 30 days prior to your annual enhancement, and your TES Account Manager will contact you to discuss this option and walk you through the details.
This means there is nothing for you to do now, however, if you would like more information about this then please reach out to your Account Manager and we will be happy to discuss all of the details with you.